Women of the Word is an important part in the life of the local Assembly and caters chiefly for the unique needs of all women with programs and activities geared towards education, edification and evangelization.
- Help women become more purposeful, striving for excellence and fulfilling their God-given responsibilities in every sphere of life.
- To be Nation builders thus encouraging women to be involved in National life and issues.
Meetings are held once per month from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Opportunities are given for women to display their talents and abilities. Practical sessions on Health & Nutrition, Grooming, Home Management, Home Improvement and other related topics are also conducted as well as Ministry of the Word of God.
Social activities are an intrinsic aspect of the department. Tea parties, picnics, fashion shows, dinners and visits to other groups are some of the social activities involved. As we seek to reach out to the Nation, we engage in holding conferences, retreats and other activities.
- To help each woman to understand who she is in God and to maintain an ongoing vibrant relationship with Him.
- To help each woman to recognize her giftings both naturally and spiritually.
- To create opportunities and avenues which would enable each woman to maximize her giftings and fulfill God’s purpose for her life.
- To teach each woman how to fully appreciate herself and how to build healthy relationships with others.
- To educate women to understand and fulfill their roles naturally and spiritually.
- To motivate women to become actively involved in fulfilling the great commission through Missions & Evangelism.
- To sharpen the Leadership skills and abilities of each woman.
- To be a strong support base for prayer and intercession in the local Church.
- To reach out to women in every sphere of society and to minister to their needs at community, national and global levels.
To motiviate women to take their role in Nation building, e.g., Teachers, Lawyers, Politicians, Doctors.